Acts of Kindness - Shop, Give, Save! Help Combat COVID-19 Efforts When You Shop.
We took our swim collection to the beaches of Panama. We got to jump aboard the Evolias catamaran sailboat with WeSail. They took us through the San Blas islands where we got to see starfish, dolphins and take in the sights! A true treat, plus we got to test out our suits in the salt water and sand... we hope you enjoy the collection as much as us. It's time to set sail!
*Evolias spells SAIL LOVE backwards.
We all know that layering is important for winter weather comfort, but that said, the song isn't wrong - it really is all about this most important of layers. A good base layer should be close fitting, slightly compressive, and extremely breathable - it's the first place where your temperate and sweat can breath out, or get trapped. If your base layer isn't breathable enough, you will start to get wet, which increases your chance of chill or even hypothermia in extreme conditions.
Fortunately, Krimson Klover base layers have you covered for any cold conditions that ski season throw your way. Here are just a few technical features that set our offerings apart from the rest:
Seamless Construction – some of our pieces use a special method that eliminates all or most seams, creating a very comfortable, compressive fit around your body. This comes in handy because the more compressive your base layer, the better your body can increase bloodflow rates and regulate your temperature. Also, compression serves to support your muscles so you can take more trips up the lift with less rest in between.
Moisture Wicking –This feature is important because as soon as your skin itself gets damp or wet, that is when the chill sets in and lowers your core body temperature. Both our seamless and illustrated base layers are excellent in this regard. All of our base layers, both seamless and illustrated are excellent at letting moisture out while keeping warmth in.
Naturally Odor Controlling Fabric – While we might not like to think about it, our base layers are the first line of defense for staying fresh during a day of winter fun. Merino is naturally anti-microbial, which means that those pesky little stinkers stay far away from your fabric – not just for a day, but for the duration of your base layer ownership. Years down the road, it will be as pristine as it was when you first put it on.
Sustainable Fabrics and Manufacturing – Our merino wool is sustainably sourced from farmers who treat their animals ethically, so no worrying about where your base layer comes from. We support small, ethical, women owned/operated knitting factories who create our gorgeous garments with care, so know that you’re also empowering people around the globe with your purchase.
Apres Ready – When you’re finished for the day, our base layers are the perfect pieces to grab a drink in. From our Illustrated to our Seamless collection, all of ours are designed by local Colorado artists who gain inspiration from the wild mountains of this amazing place Krimson Klover calls home. After all, the mountains are calling!
Now that you’ve got the 411 you need, check out all of the base layers Krimson Klover has to offer!
We all know that ski season is the best part of the year, but it’s not only because of bright white powder or the thrill of a perfect run – the after party, or Aprés Ski, is just as important. So how do you get the most from your post-slope time? Krimson Klover has the best tips and tricks so you can make the most of these primo moments!
- Follow a Local – unless you live in a ski town (in which case, lucky you), chances are you’re never going to know the best spots the way a townie will. During the day, try to mingle until you find someone with firsthand knowledge of where you are – even if it’s a place you go all the time, there might be some new bar or hot spot that has yet to hit the mainstream.
- Know Which Gear to Wear - When heading out after hours, best to leave your gear where it belongs and not to the bar – ski boots are the exception, but you still might want to bring some tennies in case the night gets a little long and your feet need a break. Stash skis and boards in your car or locker so they’re not getting bumped into (or worse, stolen) while you’re out. BUT. It’s completely ok, even preferable, to stay in your baselayers/ski clothes. Good thing we have the perfect base layers to keep you looking great, even in the Apres phase. :)
- Look for Live Music – A good beverage is always served best with some great tunes to listen to while you’re at it. Many ski resorts book bands far in advance to make sure to attract a large crowd late into the night. Before you head out for the weekend, do some research to see which lodges or bars have the best live shows, and then plan your evenings accordingly.
- Be Aware of Your Surroundings – Ok, this one might be a bit of a downer, but nothing is worse than getting lost late at night (or early in the morning) trying to make your way back to your room. Before you head out, get a map of how to get back, and a plan B just in case you can’t catch an Uber or Lyft when you need one.
- Take it Slowly – Unlike how you want to come down the mountain, Apres time can go for a while, and is usually done at higher elevations. Make sure to drink a glass of water in between each alcoholic beverage to make sure you don’t get any adverse effects or get into a bad spot. You also don’t want to have so much fun on the first night that the second day of skiing is compromised! So have fun, but be smart!
Want to get some great new threads to show off during your next Apres Ski adventure? Check our Winter Collection and update your wardrobe before the season ends!