Product Development Manager Job Description
Krimson Klover is a women’s clothing brand specializing in earth-friendly, luxurious clothing targeted to the ski, outdoor and fashion industry. We are a privately held, woman-owned and operated company located at the base of the Rocky Mountains in Boulder, Colorado. As a company, we are committed to offering our employees a challenging and rewarding work environment, opportunities for growth and development, a customer-focused culture, a community to “give-back”, and competitive pay and benefits.
If you are passionate about women’s clothes, creative and detail-oriented, you may be the perfect fit for our team. We are searching for a Product Specialist to take charge of our product development program. Someone who is hard-working, passionate, and understands the ethos behind a small company and who will be excited to be a part of everything that goes along with that. This position requires a detail-oriented self-starter who can collaborate and communicate across multiple departments to organize and complete projects in a timely manner. This position will support the planning, development, and management of the product life cycle from the idea stage through to the final product.
What you will do in this job:
- You will get to be creative daily.
- Manage all parts of the product development process, from concept to delivery.
- Create and manage a product development calendar.
- Ensure product outcomes align with brand values and revenue plans.
- Coordinate product design efforts with external consultants, merchandiser, and internal Creative team
- Help develop and maintain product standards
- Work with team to source yarns, fabrics, trims, etc.
- Work with team to create and maintain a working file of all products including tech packs
- Organize sample reviews and communicate details with overseas team
- Keep tech packs updated with all updates through the development process
- Manage relationships with third-party vendor partners including, but not limited to:
- Cost negotiations
- On-time delivery
- Product trim specifications
- Product fit (apparel)
- Calendar management
- Color / trim approvals
- Communicate status of all product development with sales and marketing team on a regular basis
- Work with sales to create SMS orders and ensure timely delivery
- Collaborate cross-functionally to execute the launch of new products. Collaborate on sales collateral.
- Attend National trade shows
- Occasional travel to vendors
- Coordinate “SMU” development
- Accountable for revenue and gross margin goals and presenting buys to the leadership team.
- Partner with QC leads to identify product quality issues and create solutions.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Design, Development, Sourcing or Manufacturing of apparel
- Experience in outdoor product development
- Experience building and executing product plans
- Strong working knowledge of the product creating process
- Working knowledge of material development, sourcing, garment costing and lead times
- Willingness to travel to trade shows, vendors and manufacturing partners.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly analytical with a proven understanding of financial statements
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Team player who will thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- You have a working knowledge of both knitwear and woven construction.
Health plan available. Retirement plan with employer match. Generous Paid time off. Product and industry discounts.
Apply to this job by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.