From Small Town to Movie Star
How did a small-town gal from North Dakota become a TV celebrity who’s interviewed every athlete, movie star and entertainer that visits Vail, Colorado? For Tricia Swenson is was as simply following her passion for skiing to Colorado and working her tail off in the television industry until she reached the top! A big personality and an eye for style sure didn’t hurt in a cut-throat business where she has done everything from national stories that aired on CNN Headline News and a couple year stint with what is now Outside Television. But her tenure with TV8, owned by Vail Resorts, is what has put her on the map. She is currently the executive producer and main host which keeps her immersed in the community of the Vail Valley that she knows and loves. Whether it is hosting galas and benefits for nonprofits that are marking the world a better place or telling the story of influential characters like the 10th Mountain Division troops that served in World War II, she does it with poise and grace.
Habitat For Humanity
Tricia has known Krimson Klover owner/founder, Rhonda Swenson, for about 10 years. Although they share the same last name, and many passions, they are not related. Watch this video of Tricia caught up with Rhonda at Outdoor Retailer show a couple years back.
She has also joined Rhonda in her support for Habitat for Humanity. They have traveled internationally for multiple builds and participated in numerous local projects. Tricia was one of Krimson Klover’s first devotees.
Although you love the Vail Valley, where are the Top 5 places you’d rather be?
- Norway – Revisiting the culture of my Norwegian roots
- French Alps/Dolomites – High-alpine cycling at its finest
- Alaska – Skiing the powder
- Hawaii – Sunshine and surf
- Minnesota Lake Country – Family fun at our lake cabin
What is your go-to outfit?
- Summer – A maxi dress and wedges. Oh-so comfortable and can go from day to night easily.
- Winter – A sweater dress with tights and boots/booties. Honestly my Krimson Klover cable knit dress is one of my favorite go-tos for winter. It is a great complete looks with a scarf or some jewelry. I get ready at 530 am and I might not get home until 10 pm. I need something that is uber comfortable, works in our alpine environment (not too dressy but super put together) and can transition to any and all occasions. You never know what a day will bring!
Morning person or night person?
- Morning person because I have to be. I get up about 4:45 am, snooze once, get ready and put on an outfit I planned the night before, eat a nice hearty breakfast, and out the door. Morning meeting at 6 am and filming the 3+ hour morning show at 7.
Best advice ever given to you?
- “Do your best each day, and your “best” will change, sometimes you can’t give 100%, but as long as you strive to do your “best” that day, you’ve done what you can.” This quote resonates with me because I have to be upbeat every day at my job, which I enjoy doing, but there are days when we have a cold, or may be tired, or have a lot going on, but just DO IT, just be happy, be the best “you” you can be, it beats the alternative!