Colleen Cannon has a self-proclaimed Ph.D in play. As a highly decorated professional athlete with numerous world and national titles she has learned that physical activity is one of the most powerful, and perhaps the most under-used tool for personal discovery, balance and transformation. This coupled with her passion for inspiring and empowering women lead her to create women’s adventures for the mind, body and spirit – Women’s Quest.
Her guided trips offer women a non-competitive, safe environment to express themselves through biking, hiking, surfing, and horse-womanship, while connecting to nature, creating stillness, and cultivating awareness of one’s heart’s desire. All with the goal of learning how to live a purposeful and balanced life amid the chaos of the digital world we live in today. Colleen strongly believes that with clear vision and determination, we can all achieve our life's dream. This philosophy is woven into every aspect of her programs and what has been known to set them apart. Not only are her trips a physically active/challenging vacation, guest get to connect with other amazing women, get in touch with their personal purpose and have a ton of FUN! For more information visit the Women’s Quest website.
Top 4 places you’d rather be?
- Surfing in Costa Rica
- Riding my bike in Italy
- Hiking in Peru where everyone smiles blows my heart wide open
- Swimming in Hawaii with the dolphins
- I’m pretty basic when it comes to style…just a bikini on the beach, but at home in Colorado I live in layers of wool and lots of comfortable yoga-type pants.
Morning person or night person?
- Believe it or not I’m both! Meditation and movement are the first things I do when I wake. If I have time for a long sit great, if not a face washing meditation does the trick. Then I typically start the day with a run to feed the horses at about 7 am. Late at night my creative energy stars flowing so I either write, listen to music or have a quiet moment to catch up on some emails. I zonk out for nine hours and do it all again!
Best advice ever given to you?
- Slow down and enjoy life. Simple yet profound!
Check out the incredible trips available through Women's Quest and save on the Colorado and Tuscany retreats with these coupons!