Krimson Klover makes beautiful, everyday clothes for real women whose busy lives are filled with adventure and purpose. These ladies converge at the intersection of passion, talent and giving. They are women supporting women. They are women making an impact. That said, we think it's important to honor these women in all of their bold pursuits and tell the story of how they are affecting real change from their backyard to the boardroom and doing it in style. These are the women for whom Krimson Klover exists.
Meet Becca Heaton: Krimson Klover "spokes"person and bike enthusiast.
The Earth moved the day Becca Heaton's mom gave her a 10-speed bike when she was just twelve years old. Adventures to neighboring New England towns began and her passion for cycling was ignited. It blossomed into road, mountain and cyclo-cross biking as well as long-distance touring, and eventually advocacy. In 2014 Becca helped start BikeLife Cities, a program that promotes biking in cities across the country. It began in response to Americans wanting a lifestyle less centered around driving and commuting – thus an influx of people moving back to urban centers and utilizing bikes as their main mode of transportation.
BikeLife Cities provides information and resources on safe bike routes and lanes, tips on riding, great gear, shops, bike groups and more, through their website and bi-annual magazine. It isn’t about spandex clad athletes doing intervals on bikes, it is about everyday people that want to make cycling a part of their everyday life. Speaking to women is important for BikeLife Cities for they are typically household decision makers and are concerned with the safety of their kids. From families to millennials – their goal is simply to get more people on bikes…and its working! They are currently in 11 cities and have 5 more ready to jump in. Becca is at the helm of all content creation and distribution as well as developing the program in new cities. Her background in outdoor, health, wellness and sport journalism with Women’s Adventure and Competitor magazines make this a perfect fit.
Top 4 places you’d rather be?
- Alaska – exploring the insanely special, wild backcountry
- Austria and Switzerland – relishing in the magnificent mountains
- Iceland – to visit family and, you guessed it, enjoy the natural beauty
- Island – Any island as long as it is remote with crystal clear water
What is your go-to outfit?
- I love bohemian chic clothing that has a soft, flowy feeling to it. The KK’s Wildflower Waltz open cardigan fits this perfectly. It feels good, is fun and stylish, versatile and can be thrown on over my go-to outfit of skinny jeans, clogs, and a super soft t-shirt.
Morning person or night person?
- They don’t call our exercise group the morning girls for nothing! Up at 6 am. Meet the girls at 6:30 for a hike, bike or yoga class. Then a quick get ready and off to work.
Best advice ever given to you?
- Can’t change the past, can’t change the future, so live today.
Follow us on Instagram @krimsonklover and show us your #everydayKK